Monday, June 19, 2017

One Flower- Three Ways

I can't help but endlessly be inspired by Alisa Burke. Her creativity blows my mind, how does she think of the crafts she does? How does she have the patience to see through some of them with how tedious they are? All in all I just admire how gifted she is. One thing she likes to do it to take an object and draw it three different ways. It's really fun to see how the same thing can change with the medium or technique that you use.  

I thought I'd give it a try with some flowers.  I chose poppies.

Acrylic 
My first one is finger painted with acrylic. No surprise it was inspired by Alisa Burke's finger painting. I love how the bright colors compliment  each other and the texture created by using my fingers.

Sprinkle on Glitter Blog// one flower- three ways//acrylic



Marker
 I used Winsor & Newton Watercolor Markers, they are filled with liquid watercolor that works like a marker, pretty inventive! This one is nice but it falls flat compared to the finger painted one, doesn't it?

Sprinkle on Glitter Blog// one flower- three ways//marker


Watercolor
What I like about this one is how the colors bleed and blend together. Watercolor goes where the  water is and when two wet spots touch each other they will mix together. It's something that has a mind of its own and the results will always be a surprise.

Sprinkle on Glitter Blog// one flower- three ways//watercolor


Have you tried one subject in multiple mediums? What did you like about it and learn from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment