Thursday, June 8, 2017

Color Splash Pt 1






When I used up my first watercolor set I was surprised by the colors that disappeared the quickest. They weren't my favorite colors.  Funny, how could a color I didn't really like be a color that frequented my painting? I don't have a deep answer to that question but as I continue to paint, the colors I like in everyday life are not the colors that are used up the quickest on my paint palette. So I when I started to think of posting about my favorite colors I realized I have to break the post into two posts- colors I love  and colors I love to paint with.  

 I love bright colors and rich, deep jewel tones. 
Pink 
 My favorite color is pink and has been for a long time. I like a lot of shades of pink. Coral is a favorite and so it's fuschia-like hot pink but I also a traditional middle pink. The only pink I don't really like is powder pink but overall "pink is my signature color" :) 
Blue 
   Blue was my favorite color when  I was little and I still like it a lot. When I was little I cried because my cousin had a blue blanket and I had a  yellow one.  
I then loved coloring with cerulean blue crayons growing up. I didn't know how to pronounce cerulean, I learned that watching "The Devil Wears Prada" it was a light bulb moment "that's what the crayon is called!" 
Burnt Orange 
  I don't know why but when fall rolls around I love the warmth of burnt orange.  It's very crisp and homey. 

What are you favorite colors?

2 comments:

  1. My favs change depending on mood and season of my life. Currently liking misty blues. But my constant go to color is grey.

    ReplyDelete