Monday, May 1, 2017

Good For The Soul

The past few weeks, Alisa Burke has been posting instagtam videos of the journal she uses to wind down everyday. She sets a time limit for herself, usually 10-15 minutes and then goes for it. Usually it is finger painting, one of her favorite mediums, and it is beautiful!!
It reminds me of the freedom I found in finger painting a while ago but go away from in the journey to learn more ways to improve my art. I have to work on adding fingerprinting back into my routine, it's good for the soul :

A few months ago, I dipped my fingers in acrylic paint and started twirling and tapping them on my paper. It might sound silly but what I found was relaxing and uplifting. Finger painting is really fun!!

Since then Ive been in a finger painting flower phase.  Its all very loose and abstract and can take more layers and time to complete but looking at a finshed painting is like a big, bright smile.     


Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// Good For the Soul 1

Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// Good For the Soul 2

Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// Good For the Soul 3


Inspired by Alisa Burke
Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// Good For the Soul 4

Inspired by Alisa Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment