Thursday, April 27, 2017

Over The Rainbow




(Source)



As if I haven't posted enough about Jane Davenport  this year already, she has a new class that I had to take and talk about. Almost every week with a new lesson I thought "wow, Jane has really brought it this time!"

"Over the Rainbow" takes us through one of Jane's favorite books and movies,  the "Wizard of Oz". I will admit I've never been much of a fan of the Wizard of Oz, those flying monkeys are terrifying but I love Janes teaching style and her dedication to new techniques in each class. 

While exploring each character, Jane has woven in new skills that she never had before. This course goes over oiled charcoal, perspective drawing, and face profile drawing! All of them are advanced techniques but Jane breaks them down into approachable steps that with practice can be accomplished.

"Over the Rainbow" also used a number of the products from Jane's new mixed media line at Michaels.

This class isn't a beginner class, well if you want to it is, there's no fear in trying anything. If you love Jane Davenport or the Wizard of Oz, you'll love the class!

Have you taken any classes this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment