Thursday, March 9, 2017

Happy Birthday Barbie!


 It's Barbies birthday today! She made her debut at the International Toy Fair in New York City on March 9, 1959. That makes her 58 years old! She's looking good for her age :)

I think every girl has had and loved at least one Barbie. The one I remember wanting the most is Super Star Barbie and Super Star Ken. I wanted for one of my birthdays and I wanted it so badly that it felt like its be torture if I didn't get it. She had sparkly stars in her eyes, why wouldn't I have wanted her?!?!  

I was trying to find a picture of what she looked like and the first thing I found was superstar Barbie 1976. Um, no! How could that be? I had to dig further to find the superstar Barbie I adored was actually a remake in the early 90s from the 1970s *gasp* I still love her anyways. 
I think this may be the one I had to have, the stars in her eyes and Ken's shiny silver suit seems to strike memories! Stars Everywhere!! 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x2LioJ16oGk

What was your favorite Barbie?

Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// Happy Birthday Barbie

2 comments: