Thursday, January 19, 2017

Puppy-girl & Popcorn

Today is National Popcorn day and the first thing I think about when I see or hear about popcorn is my sweet, little puppy-girl. Popcorn is her favorite, so much so that favorite doesn't describe it well enough.  Popcorn is her obsession!

It's too bad that popcorn day is today, January 19th, because yesterday, January 18th, was puppy-girl's 12th birthday and nothing would fit it better than being born on the day of the food she is obsessed with.

Growing up, I never liked dogs, I was a bit afraid of them. There came a time where I was somewhat pushed into getting a dog. I didn't truly want it but it was supposed to be good for me to have a companion.  If I had to get a dog, I wanted a few things- a small white dog, one that doesn't smell or shed, and one that doesn't like to be held.
Did you know there is such a dog?! A West Highland White Terrier (westie) and I got one!   The first few months, I didn't like her very much but slowly she started to grow on me by making me laugh and staying by my side when I was uneasy.

We always had kettle corn on Sunday nights. One night she had a piece. Then, she wanted another piece, and another, and another. The next time we made popcorn, she immediately perked up and was first in line as it cooled. Let me tell you about puppy-girl, do something with her twice and she will make sure it becomes a habit!
One time, I accidentally knocked over the popcorn bowl. She zoomed right in there determined  to gulp  it up, I wasn't strong enough her back and she didn't bother to come up to breath. She ate it all!

Does your dog have a favorite food obsession?

Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// Puppy-girl & Popcorn

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was National Popcorn day!! I love popcorn, I devour an entire bag every night before bed. I know that we share a love for kettle corn ;-) ...and I am totally a dog lover, nice art work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! The story and the picture! Frodo likes popcorn too. He also likes apples, carrots, cucumbers, and chicken. But his very favorite is smoked turkey. Will smoked a turkey on the grill for Thanksgiving, and Frodo was very, very excited about being allowed to eat some turkey scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, turkey! I get that was really good :) Roxie likes all fruits and vegetables except green ones, lol!

      Delete