Thursday, May 19, 2016

My Favorite Classes of 2016... So far!


I love taking online classes  to improve my art skills. There are so many different ones to choose from, these are two of my favorite I've taken this year.

1.  Drawing Fashion Flats by Laura Volpintesta on Craftsy

Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// My Favorite Classes of 2016 so far// Drawing Fashion Flats

    Fashion flats are technical drawings of garments for a clothing line. In this class Laura Volpintesta walks us through what it takes to create proportional and accurate drawings both on and off a croqui.

  This class is traditionally for sewers but the ability to draw line sketches of clothing is really helpful in illustration, as well. Laura touches on how to use flats for both patternmaking and illustration in the class.

 I really like the class because of Laura's warm personality and how she breaks concepts down into easily understood ideas while giving plenty of exercises to strengthen the foundation of your drawing skills along the way.

 Drawing Fashion Flats covered the most common and basic forms of clothing leaving me with confidence in my ability to adapt my flats to whatever I wish.

2. Wonderland by  Jane Davenport
Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// My Favorite Classes of 2016 so far// Watercolor Wonderland


  Jane's newest workshop is Watercolor Wonderland and is based around the story of Alice and Wonderland whiles using my favorite medium- watercolor! I don't know that I've ever seen Alice in Wonderland so it's interesting to learn a little about the story but what I like most in learning about color theory and mixing colors.

   Jane has the most creative point of view and that combined with her solid teaching is why her classes are so popular.  Watercolor Wonderland isn't a basic painting course. It is a creative journey through Alice's story. If your looking to learn more specific painting skills I'd look into some of her other classes first.

Have you taken any classes this year? What have been your favorites?



 photo image.jpg1_zpsjua9z5ze.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment