Thursday, March 24, 2016

My Favorite Periscope Artists

Sprinkle On Glitter Blog// My Favorite Periscope Artists// graphic


A few months ago I discovered Periscope. Periscope is an app through Twitter (you must have a Twitter account to use it) where users live stream videos and the videos stay up on replay for the next 24 hours. At the time I thought it was just another social media site, this time with live videos, but have since learned it is a great place to learn and study art. 
These are some of my favorite artists to watch:

1. Laura Volpintesta of Fashion Illustration Tribe


   Laura's videos are really got me started on Periscope. She has been a teacher at  Parson's School of Design since 1997 and offers online fashion illustration through her website Fashion Illustration Tribe. Her goal is to create an atmosphere of positive learning and encouragement.

I love Laura's scopes because she is do knowledgeable and teaches great techniques with exercises to improve our art. She's also really encouraging, accessible, and open to answering questions.

2. KOIllustration



   Karen Orr of Karen Orr Illustrations scopes  pretty much daily. She is a custom bridal and children's illustrator. Her scopes are very informative as she walks us through her proccess while working on her custom orders. She gives so much advice I need a notebook to keep it all in.

I love her mixed media technique and unique way of utilizing all her supplies of watercolor, acrylic, marker, and glitter!

3. Brown Paper Bunny

   Brown Paper Bunny is a self taught artist who scopes on whatever art subject tickles her fancy. Lately it's been her love of digital sketching on her iPad.



 photo image.jpg1_zpsjua9z5ze.jpg'

No comments:

Post a Comment