Monday, March 2, 2015

Art Inspired Fashion




As I learned about and from master artiststhis year I started noticing their influence everywhere, especially in clothes.

This spring (2015) Alice & Olivia have made a dress based on Matisse's cut-outs. If I hadn't learned about Matisse, I probably would've thought this dress was weird with it shapes that make a persons body but now I think it's cool and love that people into he world of fashion are just as inspired by him as I.
Tanya Leigh Washington created a sketch for Alice & Olivia




College Fashion did a cool piece on How to dress like Edward Hopper's "Girl At A Sewing Machine"




Van Gogh's "Starry Night" lends lot of inspiration:
Renato Belestra's fall 2012/2013 included this stunner.

ModCloth turned it into a 50s style linene dress

There is a super cool art teacher, Cassie Stephes,who keeps a blog of her art inspirations. She felted a tunics.



Christian Siriano sketched this outfit that reminds me of so'sPicasso geometric shapes





No comments:

Post a Comment