Friday, December 12, 2014

Marc Chagall










Next up, Marc Chagall, taught by Katie Kendrick.
  I don't feel like I understand Chagall and his work. Thats okay though, we don't have to all like the same things.

Chagall paints in a very dream-like whimsical state but he says that everything he puts in his painting have symbolism to him personally. Most of his painting are based in Russian folk-lore. He followed colors he loved and emotion he felt.





Drawing was something he did all his life and it was a friend who was at his house once that looked at his drawings and said he was an artist. Chagall didnt even know what an artist was and had to ask his friend. Once he understood the meaning of artist he knew that is what he wanted to do with his life.

As I said, I don't get Chagall but I really appreciate  his ability to follow his heart and let it all out.







No comments:

Post a Comment