Monday, November 3, 2014

Studying Under The Masters





Earlier this year I signed up for an online art classes called Studying Under The Masters: Becoming an Apprentice. The main reason I signed up is because there was a new teacher every week. I figured by doing that I'd get a glimpse into nine different teaching styles and have a better idea of teachers that I wanted to look more into online.

The course is based in studying masters artists, who they were, what techniques they used, and learning from copying their techniques.

Week one started and I knew I was in for a surprise, not only was I getting to see teachers and techniques I could learn from today but the masters chosen turned out to be pretty cool. There was at least one thing I identified with from each artist, at least one thing I learned from them to add to my art, and at least one piece of artwork they had done that I like.

This is something I never really expected and turned a span of nine weeks into something I look back on with a lot of joy because it was so eye opening.
I loved the course so much I want to take the time to talk about each master and share something I learned from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment